At Gazal, we are strongly committed to transparency, and we want you (“you” or “your”) to understand how we collect, use, share and protect your information. This Privacy Notice (“Privacy Notice”) describes how Gazal handles information in connection with our websites and related mobile applications and services (collectively, the“Services”), and when you otherwise interact with us. Please also read our which set out the terms governing the Services .
We reserve the right to change this Privacy Notice from time to time. If we make changes to this Privacy Notice, the updated Privacy Notice will be made available through our Services and if we make any material changes to this Privacy Notice, we will provide a prominent notice and may also contact you directly by email or another method.
The Types of Information We Collect
We collect or receive information in different ways. The types of information we collect or receive depends on how you use and interact with our Services. In many cases, you can choose the information you provide to us, although certain information is required for us to provide the Services. We use and disclose this information for the purposes described further below. The types of information we collect include:
- Account Information such as your name, e-mail address, telephone number and payment information, e.g.your credit card details. In order to use certain services, we may also require you to provide a copy of your driving license.
- We collect and process location data from your electronic devices when you sign up and use the Services. For example, to show you Gazal eScooters or dockless bikes near your location, it is necessary to collect and record the physical location of your device. Data such as the location eScooter or dockless bikes, the routes taken by the eScooter or dockless bikes, and its rental status are also necessary to provide the Services.
- Gazal also collects location data directly from Gazal eScooters or dockless bikes including when a Gazal user is riding, such as journey information.
- If you link, connect, or login to Gazal with a third party service (e.g. Facebook), the third party service may send us information such as your profile information or friends list from that service.
- When you ask for customer service, support or other assistance, you can choose to provide us with your contact information so we can better respond to your requests and we may keep information about your engagement with our support services.
- We collect information you share on the Services such as when you participate in communities or other forums, or comment on blog entries. Depending on your camera or photo settings, Gazal will receive information you choose to send us such as photos of parked Gazal escooters or dockless bikes.
- We receive information about you when we use third party partners such as marketing and advertising partners.
- To help you introduce people to our Services, you can choose to use our referral service to tell a friend about our Services for a discount. When you choose to use our referral service, we will ask for your contact’s name and email address and automatically send your contact a one-time email on your behalf inviting him or her to use our Services.
How We Use Information
- provide the Services to you at your request including to manage your account and ride history.
- monitor, track and service the Gazal eScooters or dockless bikes, including when they are in use by you.
- process payments, subscriptions or donations and any discounts or special offers such as free unlocks.
- communicate with you about your account, interactions or transactions including service- related announcements such as changes to our policies. As allowed by local law, we may also send to you surveys or marketing communications, including information about features and enhancements to our Services.
- optimize, develop and improve our Services. To do this we may use third party analytics providers to understand how the Service is being used and to help us to improve the Services.
- where necessary, to comply with our legal obligations including to meet regulatory or local law requirements.
- detect, investigate, and prevent activities that may violate Gazal’s policies or Terms of Service or be illegal which may include sharing information with government agencies outside of your home country, such as law enforcement agencies.
- collaborate with third parties such as universities and local government
- authorities, as described below in the “Who Do We Share Your Information With?” section and
Who Do We Share Your Information With?
- We share your information with Gazal’s affiliated companies, our service providers, other third parties where it is necessary to perform the Terms of Service and as described in this Privacy Notice. In particular, we share your information with:
- Our service providers and partners: We share your information with our trusted service providers and partners who provide services to Gazal such as hosting data and our infrastructure, processing payments and donations, supporting and improving the Services, performing customer service, or providing marketing and advertising services. For example, we share information with credit card issuers in order to process your payments and refunds.
- Collaborations with third parties: After removing certain identifiers, such as your name, phone, and e-mail address (where provided), and combining the resulting information with similar information from other users, Gazal may use, sell, license, and share your information, including individual trip records and trip location (journey) history, with third parties for research, business or other purposes. For example, Gazal partners with universities and local government authorities to collaborate on research projects such as understanding traffic and travel patterns in a city. Learn more about these collaborations here.
- Government, regulatory and law enforcement agencies: We may share your information if we believe in good faith that it is reasonably necessary to do so for legal reasons, including to meet federal, state, regulatory or local law requirements or as part of a judicial process or to detect, investigate, prevent, and address fraud and other illegal activity, security, or technical issues or to prevent harm or injury to you, members of the public, our staff, other third parties, or ourselves; or if we need to do so to defend
- our legal rights or property, to take action regarding illegal activities or traffic offences, or to enforce our contracts, such as our Terms of Service.
- Gazal affiliates: We may share your information with Gazal affiliate companies to help provide, maintain and improve the Services. As we grow, we may expand our corporate family by establishing local subsidiaries or other affiliates as needed, to help us provide or market the Services.
- Business re-organization: We may also share your information as part of a sale, merger, change in control, or in preparation for any of these events.
Our Legal Basis for Using Your Information
Gazal relies on a number of legal bases to collect, use, share, and otherwise process your information for the purposes described in this Privacy Notice, including where:
- it is necessary to provide the Services and perform our obligations in accordance with the Terms of Service. For example, we cannot provide the Service unless we collect and process basic information about you and your location.
- you have provided your consent to us processing your information (in which case you may revoke your consent at any time).
- necessary to comply with a legal obligation, including, for example, responding to government agency or law enforcement information requests or to establish, exercise or defend legal claims.
- it is permitted by law, we may process data in the public interest; and/or
- the processing is necessary for the purposes of Gazal’s or a third parties legitimate interests, provided that we have balanced these against your fundamental rights and interests.
How We Transfer Your Information
- As we offer our Services in many locations globally, we may transfer your information to or from these locations for the purposes of providing you Services.
- How Long We Keep Information We keep your information for as long as is reasonably necessary to provide the Services to you or until your account is deleted, whichever is longer, subject to any longer period as may be required by applicable law or notified to you.
- We may ask for a copy of your driver license before you can use certain Gazal Services. When we ask for a copy of your driver’s license, we conduct verification checks to ensure the license is valid and we retain only limited verification information in order for you to use the Services. When you delete your account, it may take us additional time to fully delete your information from our databases and system logs. We may also retain information from deleted accounts to prevent fraud, collect fees, enforce the Terms of Service , to comply with our legal obligations or enforce our legal rights.
- Your Choices and How You Can Manage your Information – We believe you should have choices about the collection, use and sharing of your information. If you do not want Gazal to collect your information, please do not use the Services.
- Emails and Other Communications: If you would like to change the types of communications you receive from us, including opting out of promotional communications from us, you may do so at any time by updating the communication preferences specified in your account profile. We may continue to send non-promotional communications such as staffing confirmations, and other information about your use of the Service. If you refer others to us using our email functionality, please note that they may choose not to receive any promotional emails from us in the future by following the opt-out instructions in the email invitation.
- Accessing and Managing Your Information: If you have an account with Gazal, you can review, change or delete your information by logging into your account and editing your profile. You can change your mobile phone number or email address by using our in-app change feature. You can delete your Gazal account at any time by submitting a request to us at customer support link .